Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Creating your own stories keeps your mind fit

I found that I feel more energized and positive after I have written down a story from my life.

Originally I started recording these stories in Microsoft Word so I would be able to pass them on to my kids (and possibly my grand kids) before I had forgotten them all together. Whenever I found myself parked in front of the TV it was my personal queue to get onto the computer and get writing.

As I proceeded with my story collecting it was soon clear to me this undertaking would require more than just myself as some aspects of the day or days I was thinking about were forgotten.

For any of my stories I contacted (mostly by e-mail and phone) the people involved with the specific story. It amazed me how well they filled in the gaps - just as I was doing for them as we discussed each story or situation.

After creating these stories I have grouped some of them into a collection and have found a publisher to create my first book. The book is titled "Bat Mummies in the Furnace Flue" and will be available on shelves November 11, 2008. If you want a signed copy go out to Told4Ever.com and order yours.

No comments: